NAMI In Our Own Voice (IOOV) unmasks mental illness, using speaker stories to illustrate the individual realities of living with mental illness. You gain a better understanding of what it is like to live with mental illness and stay in recovery. NAMI In Our Own Voice can change attitudes, preconceived notions and stereotypes regarding mental illness.
What You Should Expect
- The In Our Own Voice program and its impact on participant’s lives… in their own voice.
- Sixty to 90 minutes long, open to the general public, free of charge.
- Led by a team of two trained presenters who are living in recovery from mental illness.
- Includes stories, videos and discussion.
Why You Should Attend
- More accurate view of a stigmatized and misunderstood experience.
- Humanized perception of what people living with mental illness are like.
- Concrete examples of what living in recovery means.
- Opportunity to ask questions in a safe and friendly environment.
Whether you have contact with mental illness in a professional capacity or want to learn more on a personal level, your interest and questions are welcome. Your participation also provides a valuable opportunity to the speakers; an opportunity to gain confidence as they share their experience of recovery and transformation.
If you are interested in having a In Our Own Voice presentation for your group, church, organization or agency give us a call at the office 360-493-6021
If you are interested in being trained to do public presentations please contact the NAMI T/M office (360) 493-6021, or email us email@example.com.
Questions or comments are welcome!